Foundation - Thrifty or high end whats your favourite?


Over the last year I have tried numerous lower priced foundations. I have tried the L'Oreal Lumi Foundation, the Max Factor pan stick, Revlon Colour Stay to name a few but I just haven't found one that I love. 
When I buy cheaper foundations I find firstly they don't last on my skin, give it a few hours and I need to touch up! and secondly I use up the foundation so much quicker.
My favourite foundation which I have been using for the last few years is Mac's Face and Body. I love this and think its worth every penny!

 


When I first started building my kit for bridal work I spent a lot of time researching foundations that would photograph well. I read really good reviews about Face and Body so I thought I would give it a try.

Mac claims this is “A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend formula. Contains several emollients to help moisturise and condition the skin. If delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body"

I find this foundation is best applied with either a stippling brush or your fingers. I do not recommend using a flat foundation brush, it just soaks up to much of the product.

The Feel /Finish
I usually prefer at least a medium coverage foundation but I absolutely love this.
I have a face full of freckles and although I like them to show through I also like to hide my other blemishes. I feel this foundation is the perfect medium
It provides a light but good coverage and leaves a natural dewy finish.
It’s a very moisturising foundation, perfect for those who suffer with dry skin.
 Another good thing about this foundation is the fact it’s buildable, it’s good to have the option to create a little more coverage when you need it. You can really layer this foundation nicely, it still looks very sheer and natural without going cakey.
This foundation photographs really well. It doesn’t contain any SPF.

Recommendations
I recommend trying this if you have normal/dry skin. This is also a perfect foundation for older skin. Although a lot of people with oily skin like this product, it is not something I would recommend for oily skin, there are better products out there for you.

Price
Would I repurchase? Definitely. This foundation is £25.50 for 120ML this may seem expensive but 120 ML is a huge amount of product! With daily use this foundation lasts me a very minimum of 4 months usually more towards 6 months! 
I feel this foundation is the perfect every day foundation and I would definitely recommend checking it out.

If you have found a thrifty foundation that you love and would recommend checking out please comment below I would really like to give some cheaper alternatives a try!

Thanks for reading, see you next Friday :)

21 comments

  1. Great post!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey for stopping by my blog. I´m following you now, hope you will follow me too!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Revlon Colour Stay and I like it pretty well! I'm your newest follower. Be mine?

    http://maddeeshawbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Boujois Healthy Mix Foundation! Although the temptation to try the Mac one is so high!
    Following now. :)
    beautysplash75.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rimmel Gel foundation! Have you tried it? I have reviewed it on my blog, here's a link if you'd like to take a look :)

    http://emma-louwagstaff.blogspot.fr/2012/08/its-been-while.html

    Hope you're well,

    E-L xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove Face and Body. I use it whenever I am on camera!

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, this is a tough one. I'd say a mid-priced foundation, like Vichy's Dermablend - love it!

    I hear so much about MAC Face and Body, must take a look x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmm, probably high end just because I don't like risking getting bad breakouts. I personally don't use foundation a lot, only on special event days so spending a bit more for something that will last me a long time isn't a big deal for me.

    Charlotte
    www.deconstrut.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you want we can follow each other:)

    a-little-bit-style.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey sweetie
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    you have amazing posts!
    check my blog if you want and maybe follow if you like it!

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am currently in love with the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, I got it when it was on offer for only £5.99! I couldn't believe how good it was for that price. It gives just the right amount of coverage for me and lasts really well even considering my hectic job. It also has the best colour match to my skin that I've ever found which was a surprise due to many low price foundations having a small variety of skin colours.
    I've tried Chanel foundation before but it felt really heavy and I wasn't a fan so I think I'll be sticking to this one.
    xo

    Jacquina @ www.jazzyleelbc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite so far has been MAC studio fix foundation but i dont get the opportunity to try many brands as they dont cater to my shade :(

    I dont even know if MAC is high end lol but its plenty expensive :)

    xoXo
    BreezeyBee

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite high end foundation is Estee Lauder double wear and the best drugstore I've found is Rimmel wake me up foundation although this is good I would always go for high end for foundation as I think the base of your make up is the most important. Love your review :) XO


    Please check out my blog and comment/follow etc it would mean the world to me <3!

    dottymakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sleek liquid foundation. It is very different to the MAC one as it is quite a lot thicker (about the consistency on MAC fix fluid), but in terms of price you can't go wrong...and they have a whole lotta shades to work with...gotta love that!

    jayj x.
    avecjayj.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As much as I'd like to believe that spending a little less on foundation isn't that big a deal...I tend to find that if I spend a little more its worth it. I haven't tried MAC's foundation...but looks like I will have to! I love their other products!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey thanks for visiting my blog. follow my blog and i will follow yours back

    fashionpassionomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for commenting on my blog, ive heard so many good reviews about this foundation but my favourite would have to be Estee Lauder double wear foundation as i like a bit more coverage than the MAC provides :) x

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thrifty all the way! i use l'oreal! :)
    thanks so much for checking out my blog and commenting... it means alot! <3
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab post, I use the boirjois healthy mix :-)
    Love your blog btw, it would mean so much if you checked out mine ! Wanna follow each other ? :-) xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which I absoulutely love and it has a finish like no other foundation I've ever used. But I also love The Body Shop's Moisture Foundation for liquid too. And my favourite powder is Maybelline's Mineral Powder Foundation which is amazing (I wear this most days).

    I've heard really good things about the MAC Face and Body foundation too! But not a fan of any of their other foundations, waaaay too cakey for my liking.

    Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Mac's Face and Body and Dermablend.You shound try it..very nice and you could use it as concealer too..

    ReplyDelete